This is Jeopardy (slots). If you are a fan of “America’s Favorite Quiz Show,” it goes without saying that you’ll love everything this slot machine brings to the casino.
IGT is top dog when it comes to developing slot machine games based on famous television and game shows. With so many people considering Jeopardy their favorite show, it has been able to achieve resounding success as a slot game.
There is a lot to like about Jeopardy slots, such as:
- Available in casinos throughout the United States, including those in big name cities, such as Las Vegas, as well as smaller settings, such as Wheeling, West Virginia.
- Available for free and real money gameplay at select online casinos.
- Many variations of the game allow every player to find the one that suits them best.
One thing is for sure: you’ll never be confused when you sit down to play a Jeopardy slot machine. The theme is exactly what you would expect, all the way down to the graphics and audio.
How to Play Jeopardy Slots
The way you play Jeopardy slots depends largely on the variation of the game. For the sake of this review, we’re going to focus on one of the more traditional versions, which is part of the popular IGT S2000 Series.
Other titles include:
- Jeopardy Triple Strike
- Powerbucks Jeopardy
- Jeopardy Double Times Pay
While all of the games play in a similar fashion, each one has a unique set of features that allow it to stand out.
Here are some game features of the machine simply known as Jeopardy! Slots:
- 4-reel, 1-payline setup.
- The Jeopardy symbol will match any other on the payline, excluding these: Jeopardy bonus, Jeopardy 2x bonus, and Jeopardy 3x bonus.
- Use of a top box that includes three contestants and a grid for keeping track of bonus game credits.
- Voice supplied by the official announcer of the Jeopardy quiz show.
Note: the top reel award is paid out when you make a maximum wager and then land three Jeopardy symbols on reels one through three, as well as the 3x symbol on the fourth reel.
Single Jeopardy Bonus
As one of the top features of the game, the Single Jeopardy Bonus comes about regularly. Not only does this increase the level of player enjoyment, but it allows you to win additional money.
Here’s some things to know about this bonus round:
- The bonus is initiated when you make a two or three credit bet and successfully land a Jeopardy bonus symbol on the third reel.
- The bonus begins when you choose your contestant.
- Top box grid displays your bonus winnings.
- Once a bonus offer is made, you can either accept it or continue with another contestant. You can do this twice (or not at all).
Double Jeopardy Bonus
Initiating the Double Jeopardy Bonus is as simple as landing a bonus symbol on the third reel and a 2x symbol on the fourth reel. You must also have a three credit wager in place.
From there, the game works in the same manner as the Single Jeopardy Bonus.
Final Jeopardy Bonus
Much the same as the other two bonus games, this one is activated when you make a three credit bet, land a Jeopardy bonus on reel three, and a 3x symbol on the fourth reel.
Once you select your player, the rest of the bonus round unfolds in the same manner as the Single Jeopardy Bonus and Double Jeopardy bonus. The only difference being that this game gives you the opportunity to win the most money.
Spin the Reels for Free Online
You already know you can play Jeopardy slot machines in land based casinos with real money. What you may not know is that many online casinos also offer IGT games, such as this one.
When playing online, you have the option to do so for free or with real money.
You can’t win real money when spinning the reels for free, but the experience can still be action packed. Also, there are other benefits:
- No risk of losing money.
- Opportunity to better understand how Jeopardy slots are played.
- Plenty of time, without any wager, to devise a strategy for real money gameplay in the future.
If you’re looking for a good time online, don’t hesitate to play Jeopardy slots for free. You may not be betting real money, but the theme and excitement remains the same.
Interesting Jeopardy Facts
Even if you aren’t a big quiz show fan, you probably know a thing or two about Jeopardy. This game made its debut in 1964 and has been going strong ever since.
Below are several Jeopardy facts that may surprise you:
- More than 7,000 episodes of Jeopardy have aired.
- Jeopardy has won more than 30 Daytime Emmy Awards.
- It has been reported that Alex Trebek earns somewhere in the range of $10 million per year for his duties as host.
- In 2004, Ken Jennings won a record 74 games without losing. All told, he won more than $3 million on the game show.
- Merv Griffin created Jeopardy, along with many other game shows such as Wheel of Fortune.
Now do you see why Jeopardy has become such a popular casino slot game? IGT realized the potential with this theme and developed it into several machines, all of which have been wildly successful.
Chances are that you’ll never be a contestant on the Jeopardy game show. Fortunately, you have the option of playing Jeopardy slots any time you want.
You won’t see your face on television or meet Alex Trebek, but that shouldn’t stop you from having a good time.
When you play any version of this game online or at a casino, you always have the chance to win big. Either in base gameplay or a bonus round, there is money to be had.
Jeopardy is one of the most popular and most awarded game shows of all time. And for this reason, the slot machine based on it has followed suit.